Throughout this program, our team of college teachers, Broadway performers, and industry experts will give you professional level instruction that will allow you to nail your auditions and master your callbacks.
Your lessons will include:
- Song selection, vocal coaching and audition technique by Dr. Peter Thoresen from Pace University
- Breathing and voice placement techniques taught by NYU's Chris Dilley
- Broadway dance call preparation class taught by Broadway star-performer and choreographer LaMar Baylor (The Lion King)
- Song interpretation specialized class with Broadway's star and coach Anne L. Nathan (Sing Street, Once, Thoroughly Modern Millie)
- Specialized dance classes of all different styles with Broadway star-performers and choreographers Karla Garcia (The Cher Show, Hamilton, West Side Story); Justin Prescott (Moulin Rouge!, Kiss Me Kate, Head Over Heels); Donald Jones Jr. (Frozen, Aladin, Chicago); Claire Camp (Frozen, Cats)
- Acting and audition technique for film and TV with actress, casting director, and acting coach, Christina Wright
- Specialized class with casting director and acting coach to the stars Tracey Moore
At the end of this course, you will put into practice everything you've learned throughout the program in a mock audition in front of a professional casting team that will give you invaluable feedback and advice to take home with you. In addition, the Broadway Star Project will even (with your permission) send your audition to casting directors around the country who are currently searching for their next big star. This final audition has provided life-changing opportunities to many students, some of whom have landed jobs and gotten representation offers on the spot.
Whether you're auditioning for high school teachers or Hollywood directors, they all want to see you, and what you can bring to the table. Learn how to make yourself truly stand out with The Callback Challenge.
You will need:
- Two electronic devices (computer, smartphone, or tablet) with an internet connection: one to participate in our classes and another to play your tracks
- The Zoom app, so you can attend our online classes
- One or two 16-to-32-bar cuts of musical theater songs in the right key that showcase your skills and personality